MEMBERS' SURNAME INTERESTS
Would you like to make contact with other members who share an interest in your own family names?
Members' Interests is a database of surnames and locations which our members are researching. New and amended interests are published in our quarterly journal and these web pages are updated regularly.
You can access the database by clicking on the link below or on the "Search Members' Surname Interests" sub-menu link on the left. You can browse the whole database, which is in alphabetical order of surname, or you can search for specific surnames, locations or for all of the interests of a particular member. If you are a member of NNWFHS you can also enter your own membership number to check how your interests are listed on the database.
Please note that:
- Searching for "Smith", for example, may also list other surnames which contain Smith e.g. Arrowsmith and locations which contain Smith e.g. Hammersmith.
- Where some members have used brackets to denote variations in spellings e.g. B[o]urn, these may be listed out of alphabetical order. Furthermore, unless the brackets are used in the search field they will not be listed in the results.
- There is no facility to search a single field or to use wildcards.
To reset the database or to view the whole database after a specific search, just delete the details from the "search" box and click go.
If you are a member of NNWFHS, then you will be able to find the contact details of the member concerned via the Members' Pages; please log in (on the home page) then go to the Members Interests page in the Members' Pages section of this website.
If you are not a member of NNWFHS and there is a member that you wish to contact regarding their surname interests, then you can do so by sending a message via the Membership Secretary. Please give the following details from the database -
- The surname that you are interested in.
- The membership number alongside the entry, e.g. 1996-18
- Your own contact details, including your full name. Please also supply a postal address since not all members use email.
- A short message to be passed on to the other member.
Please note that this service is only for contacting other members with interests listed on these pages and should not be used for general enquiries.The Members' Surname Interests database was last updated on 08 April 2014