Machine Gunner John Henry White
1st Battalion, North Staffordshire Regiment
Died of Wounds: France and Flanders, 23rd September 1915, aged 30.
- Buried: Poperinghe New Military Cemetery, Belguim. Grave ref: I.D.4.
- Awarded: 1914 Star, British War, and Victory Medals
- His mother (unnamed) lived on New Street, Glascote.
- NNWFHS Memorial: Glascote
Links to Relevant Information
1911 Census and Family History Information
- Employed at Gibbs and Canning Terracotta Works
- Born 1885 
He had been in the Reserves for 9 months prior to the war having previously served in India. He was involved in the Great Retreat (Retreat from Mons). He was a Machine Gunner. [Sources - Tamworth Herald & 1911 Census]