Sergeant 16/331 Frank William Grove
16th Battalion, Royal Warwickshire Regiment
Died: Killed by a sniper, France and Flanders, 1st January 1916, aged 23
- Buried: Citadel New Military Cemetery, Fricourt, Somme, France. Grave ref: III.C.9.
- Awarded: British War and Victory Medals
- Son of Frederick and Issoline Grove
- NNWFHS Memorials: Fillongley, Nether Whitacre, Over Whitacre, Shustoke and Wilnecote
Links to Relevant Information
1911 Census and Family History Information
- Born 2 Sep 1892 and Baptised 9 Oct 1892 in Wilnecote
- Employed as a Student Teacher with the County Council and/or at the Industrial School, Shustoke
- Lived at 99 Watling Street, Wilnecote
He was the 5th of the 6 children of Frederick & Isoline Grove. After attending Tamworth Grammar School Frank went to Saltley Training Collage and was then employed as an assistant school master at Shustoke Industrial School. He was the 10th man in his battalion to be killed in WW1. Read more in the Whitacre Digital Archive here...